Deep Ecology Events 2020
Join us for extraordinary, heart-felt journeys into enhanced connection and empowerment with The Work That Reconnects (WTR).
Event Dates 2020:
In 2019, Inna shared Deep Ecology at workshops and retreats in Golden Bay, Nelson, Wellington, Melbourne and the UK, and also at Convergence, Luminate Festival, the Permaculture and Empowered Activism courses at Tui Community.?
Our upcoming events in 2020…
* Sun, 23 August 2020: Facing Change Together. 2-part WTR workshop ONLINE
* Sat, 5 Sept: ReSource – Tools for the Great Turning. 1-day workshop joining Deep Ecology, Open Floor movement and mindfulness.?NELSON
* Sun, 6 Sept (9.30am-12.30pm): ReSource – Parenting in a Changing World. NELSON
* Fri, 18 Sept:?Deep Ecology Intro Evening CHRISTCHURCH
* Sat, 10 October: Facing Change Together. WTR workshop ONLINE
* Oct 23-26: Active Hope, 4-day Deep Ecology & Yoga Immersion (with optional facilitation training), Anahata Yoga Retreat, Golden Bay, NZ
* Sat, Nov 7:?Deep Ecology Day AUCKLAND, likely Facilitation Training Hui Day on Sunday, too
* Sun, Nov 8: Deep Ecology Day RAGLAN (TBC)
* Sun, Nov 22:?Deep Ecology Day WELLINGTON
We offer workshops at festivals, as part of Permaculture Courses, our Empowered Activism Training and various Yoga Teacher Training Programs. One-day courses and multi-day retreats are offered throughout the year in various locations around Aotearoa. If there’s no workshop scheduled near you, but you’re interest in hosting one, please enquire via emailing: email@example.com
We are alive at an extraordinary moment in time: It is a time of growing uncertainty, as climate catastrophe looms, the sixth mass extinction accelerates, and the wounds of inequality and inhumanity are laid bare. It is also a time of great possibility when creativity, courage, and collective action can change the political and ecological landscape for future generations. A time when many of us are seeking ways to reconnect to one another and to the living Earth, and to bring forth our particular gifts to contribute.
The Work That Reconnects is a transformational body of work that includes theories and interactive practices enabling us to reconnect to our own true nature, the web of life, and to our human community. Opening our hearts and minds to the love and the grief we feel for our world empowers us to act on behalf of Earth.
We use experiential practices, poetry, ritual, song, movement and silence to guide our journey through the four stages of the spiral of the Work That Reconnects. These four stages support one another and help us experience first hand that we are larger, stronger, deeper, and more creative than we have been brought up to believe.
Drawing on the work of Joanna Macy, John Seed and Arne Naess this workshop will empower you to act on behalf of Earth with clarity, love and direction.
Everybody is welcome. No previous experience necessary.
Inna Alex is a passionate community organizer, environmental educator, deep ecology facilitator and yoga teacher. Inna has been teaching Deep Ecology workshops around NZ for the past 10 years, having studied both with Joanna Macy and John Seed. ?For me, Joanna’s “Work That Reconnects” is the bridge between our spiritual journeys & how we act in the world. I’m amazed how powerful this work is in enabling us to experience ourselves as part of the Living Whole and recommit to wholeheartedly engage in its healing.“
“An essential experience to awaken ourselves to reconnect with our innate nature. Through creative and explorative exercises the workshop lead me to feel and be with myself and others authentically with a joint vision to be part of healing our world.” – Jenni Robertson, NZ, 2018
“I am nourished and nurtured by the growth of my Ecological Self.” – Ngarie Penne, NZ, 2017
“Inna leads the workshop with courage and commitment that leaves you in no doubt that a small idea and group of people can help change the world.” – Fran Mitchell, NZ, 2018
Here’s a 2min video with some feedback about our March 2019 Retreat.
* 1 June 2019 – Deep Ecology Day in MELBOURNE, Australia
* 27 July 2019 – Deep Ecology Day in Bristol, UK
* 13-15 Sept 2019 – Deep Ecology & Yoga Retreat, Totnes, UK
* Jan 31 – Feb 9: Deep Ecology Yatra, GOLDEN BAY. Find extensive info HERE.
* Feb 2020: Tui Permaculture Course in Golden Bay, NZ
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for enquiries and to register.
* Reawaken to Your Interconnectedness with Life. * Empower your Work for the Earth.*
To find out more about the Work That Reconnects, take a look at: www.joannamacy.net
Get a feel for the workshop here: https://www.facebook.com/inna.alex.33/videos/643364249017392/